Monday 17 February 2014

Portobello Market

Portobello Market

This was probably my favourite market. Shopkeepers peddled a vast array of antique wares - from silverware to tin boxes to furniture to vinyl to books, cameras, jewellery, and a host of other things.


Several shopkeepers were selling antique books, some of which looked very lovely, which I was tempted to buy. I restrained myself though, firstly because they were far too expensive, secondly because I'm the sort of booklover who likes my books in mint, near to brand-new condition, and I knew that the yellowed pages that seemed to blend so well with the flavour of the market would be far less appreciated among my other books back home. So instead, I bought a wooden box that looks like an antique book from another store.


Getting there:
Nearest tube: Notting Hill Gate

Photos taken with Sony RX100 ii

No comments:

Post a Comment